University Journal of Zoology is published by Rajshahi University Zoological Society, Department of Zoology, University of Rajshahi, Rajshahi-6205, Bangladesh. The ISSN is 1023-6104.
Department of Zoology
Professor Ananda Kumar Saha
Department of Zoology
Focus and Scope
The University Journal of Zoology, Rajshahi University is devoted to the publication of original research covering the whole field of general, experimental, systematic and applied Zoology.
- Editorial policy: The University Journal of Zoology, Rajshahi University is published annually under the auspices of Rajshahi University Zoological Society. The Journal is devoted to the publications of the original research covering the whole field of general, experimental, systematic and applied Zoology. Papers will not be published if they are based on work involving cruelty to animals or if the work may have put endangered populations or species at risk. All contributions are published in English only. Manuscripts are assigned to Executive Editor and reviewed by two peers. The author(s) should submit an original research finding that has not been offered to any other journals for prior or simultaneous publication.
- Manuscript: Manuscripts should be double spaced, printed in font size 12, preferably Times New Roman, on one side of quality paper using 2.5 cm margin on all sides. Manuscripts and illustrations should be submitted in duplicate and the author should retain one copy of their article. The sequence should be: Title, Author’s name and affiliation, Abstract, Key words, Introduction, Materials and Methods, Results and Discussion, Acknowledgements and References. Scientific note should not follow this pattern but reference should be listed as usual.
- Title page: Title page should include the title of the paper, the name and address of the author(s) and suggested running head (50 characters or less). If authors are not from a single affiliation, superscript numerals are to be used to designate each affiliation. The affiliations are to be typed below the author line designated with appropriate superscripts in order of appearance. The title page should include complete name, address, telephone and fax numbers and e-mail address of the author to whom galley proof and other correspondence should be sent.
- First page: This page should carry the title of the paper, abstract and key words not exceeding six, immediately below the abstract.
- Illustrations: Illustrations may be line drawings or photographs and all should be numbered in a single sequence and reference to the text as Fig. 1, 2 etc. Each figure must be in a separate page and clearly identified with the author(s) name and short title of the manuscript and figure number. Original figures or good quality glossy photographic prints are acceptable. Photographs must have sharp contrast. All illustrations must be complete and final, i.e., camera ready. Photographs should be selected to fit neatly into one column (83 mm) or two columns (172 mm). For microscopical preparations, scale bars with appropriate units (e.g. I-LM) must be provided.
- Tables: Tables must be presented to fit the page size 172 x 230 mm without undue reduction. Over-sized tables will not be accepted. Tables are referred to as Table 1, 2 etc. Tables should be provided in separate page and may be typed on more than one sheet of paper printed horizontally.
- References:In the text, references to articles should be limited to the author and year style, and must be arranged chronologically then in alphabetical order. Examples: (Nakaggawa, 1970, 1973; Arthur & Lom, 1984; Robinson et al., 1986; Don-Pedro, 1989a,b). The references should be listed at the end of the paper first in the alphabetical order under author(s) name and then in chronological order if several papers are cited by the same author(s). To distinguish papers published by same author(s) in the same year letters a, b, c etc. are to be used after the year. The following style is to be adopted:
- Bowers, W.S. 1992. Insecticidal compound from plants. In: Phytochemical resources for medicine and agriculture (eds. Nigg, H.N. & Seigler, D.), pp. 227-235, Plenum Press, New York.
- Don-Pedro, K.N. 1989a. Insecticidal activity of some vegetable oils against Dermestes maculatus Degeer (Coleaptera: Dermestidae) on dried fish. J. stored Prod. Res. 25: 81-86.
- Don-Pedro, K.N. 1989b. Effects of fixed vegetable oils on oviposition and adult mortality of Callosobruchus maculatus (F.) on cowpea. Int. Pest Contr. 31: 134-137.
- Doskotch, R.W., Odell, T.M. & Godwin, P.A. 1977. Feeding response of gipsy moth larvae, Lymantria dispar, to extracts of plant leaves. Environ. Ent. 6: 563-566.
- Swain, T. 1977. The effect of plant secondary products on insect plant co-evolution. In: Proc. XV Int. Cong. Entomol. (eds. Packer, J. & White D.), pp. 249-256. Washington D.C., 19-17 August, 1976. Entomological Society of America, College Park, USA.
- Zar, J.H. 1974. Biostatistical analysis. 4th edn. Prentice Hall International Inc., USA. 663 pp.
- Copyright: Submission of paper implies transfer of copyright from the authors to the Rajshahi University Zoological Society. The copyright of papers published in the University Journal of Zoology, Rajshahi University will rest with the Society.
- Printing charge: To partly cover the printing cost Tk. 800.00 and Tk. 600.00 will be charged from the author(s) for each full paper and scientific note respectively. Additional pages will be charged, from 5th page onward at the rate of Tk. 100.00 per page. Fifteen reprints will be supplied free of charge. Additional reprints can be ordered at cost when returning the page proof. However, no page charge will be taken in the case of invited paper.
- Soft copy: A soft copy of the final version of the manuscript in CD-R is mandatory. All CD-R should carry the label showing author, title and file name. Contact: All editorial correspondence should be addressed to:
University Journal of Zoology, Rajshahi University,
C/o. Department of Zoology,
University of Rajshahi,
Fisheries related scientific papers, short communication and review are published on the journal. Recent documents are listed here-
Vol 28 (2009)
- Title: Effects of different feed items on the growth and survival of endangered riverine catfish Rita rita (Hamilton)
Author: MR Amin, MFA Mollah, MR Ali, M Nahiduzzaman
- Title: Fisheries eco-biology of beel Koshba in Naogaon District
Author: Md Nur Islam, Md Safinur Rahman, Md Redwanur Rahman
- Title: Fertility of cryopreserved common carp (Cyprinus carpio) spermatozoa
Author: M Sultana, M Nahiduzzaman, MM Hassan, MUH Khanam, MAR Hossain
- Title: Prevalence of Parasites in the Indian Major Carp, Labeo rohita (Hamilton) in Rajshahi, Bangladesh
Author: AM Farhaduzzaman, M Manjurul Alam, Mosharrof Hossain, M Afzal Hussain, Md Habibur Rahman
- Title: Length-Weight Relationship and Growth Condition of Mystus gulio (Ham.) in Different Months and Sexes
Author: M Begum, HK Pal, MA Islam, MJ Alam
Vol 27 (2008)
- Title: Tissue Specific Esterase Isozyme Banding Pattern in Nile Tilapia (Oreochromis niloticus)
Author: Reza Md Shahjahan, Afroja Karim, Rowshan Ara Begum, Mohammad Shamimul Alam, Anwara Begum
- Title: Study on the zooplankton of Sona Dighi in Rajshahi, Bangladesh
Author: Sabrina Naz, Sirajun Najia
- Title: Prevalence of ectoparasites of carp fingerlings at Santaher, Bogra
Author: MD Hossain, M Kabil Hossain, M Habibur Rahman, A Akter, DA Khanom
- Title: Comparative study on the effects of low cost oil seed cakes and fish meal as dietary protein sources for Labeo rohita (Hamilton) fingerling
Author: KA Latif, MT Alam, MA Sayeed, M Afzal Hussain, S Sultana, MA Hossain
- Title: A study on the abundance of zooplankton of a culture and a non-culture pond of the Rajshahi University campus
Author: Sharmeen Rahman, M Afzal Hussain
- Title: Seasonal dynamics of plankton in relation to some environmental factors in a Beel ecosystem
Author: MMR Chowdhury, MRK Mondol, S Dewan
- Title: Growth performance of thai pangus (Pangasius hypophthalmus) in polyculture system using different supplementary feeds
Author: MAB Sayeed, GS Hossain, SK Mistry, KA Huq
- Title: On the food and feeding habit of an estuarine catfish (Mystus gulio Hamilton) in the south-west coast of Bangladesh
Author: M Begum, MJ Alam, MA Islam, HK Pal
- Title: Notes on Length-Weight Relationship and Condition Factor of Fresh Water Fish, Labeo boga (Hamilton) (Cypriniformes: Cyprinidae)
Author: M Rokshanara Pervin, M Golam Mortuza
- Title: Occurrence of fishes and non-fin fishes of the river Padma near Rajshahi, Bangladesh
Author: SS Bhuiyan, MAR Joadder, AS Bhuiyan
- Title: Length-weight relationshisp and relative conditions factor for the halfbeak Hemiramphus far ForsskÃ¥l , 1775 from the Karachi coast
- Author: Farzana Yousuf, Saira Khurshid
- Pages: 103-104
volume 26 (2007)
- Title: Physico-chemical and microbiological investigation of the lipid from Bangladeshi fresh water fish Mystus vittatus Abstract
- Author: AH Molla, Camellia Saha, MS Ahsan, SM Talukder, MT Alam
- Title: On the fecundity and sex-ratio of Botia Dario (Hamilton) (Cypriniformes : Cobitidae) Abstract
Author: M Afzal Hussain, Mst Rehana Khatun, M Altaf Hossain
- Title: Occurrence of parasites in Labeo rohita (Hamilton) from Rajshahi
Author: Abdus Salam Bhuiyan, Sarmin Akther, Golam Mohammad Musa
- Title: Induced Breeding of Pila globosa (Swainson 1822) (Gastropoda: Prosobranchia) for Commercial Farming Abstract
Author: Md Sarwar Jahan, Md Refiqul Islam, Md Redwanur Rahman, M Manjurul Alam
- Title: The fecundity of Hilsa ilisha from the river Padma near Godagari of Rajshahi district Abstract
Author: Mst Arifa Akter, MD Hossain, M Kabil Hossain, R Afza, AS Bhuyian
- Title: Seasonal variation of plankton population of Borobila beel in Rangpur district Abstract
Author: MMR Chowdhury, MRK Mondol, C Sarker
- Title: Culture of rotifer Brachionus angularis Hauer feeding with dried Chlorella Abstract
Author: Shabnam Mostary, M Shahidur Rahman, M Amzad Hossain
- Title: Effect of urea and malathion on the freshwater prawn, Macrobrachium lamarrei (H.M. Edwards) Abstract
Author: Anjuman Ara Ali, MA Mannan, Selina Parween
volume 25 (2006)
- Title: Present status of pond fishery resources and livelihood of the fish farmers at Mohanpur Upazila in Rajshahi District Abstract
Author: Tanjeena Zaman, MAS Jewel, AS Bhuiyan
- Title: Physio-chemical conditions and plankton population of two fishponds in Khulna Abstract
Author: Abdullah Harun Chowdhury, Abdullah Al Mamun
- Title: The fisheries resources management of the greater Rajshahi District, Bangladesh Full Text
Author: M Golam Mortuza, MA Hossain
- Title: Food and feeding habits of Gagata youssoufi (Rahman) from the river Padma in Rajshahi Full Text
Author: MA Razzaq Joadder
Visited 393 times, 1 visits today | Have any fisheries relevant question?