AKM Rohul Amin
Department of Fisheries Biology and Genetics
Hajee Mohammad Danesh Science and Technology University (HSTU)
Telephone: +880531-51734 (office)
Cell Phone: +8801919433711
Mext fellow, Laboratory of Microbiology, Graduate School of Fisheries Sciences, Hokkaido University, Japan.
Doing research on Genome sequencing of bacteria pathogenic for fish and shrimp
- Assistant Professor (From 16 January 2008 to till date), Department of Fisheries Biology and Genetics, Hajee Mohammad Danesh Science and Technology University (HSTU),Dinajpur-5200, Bangladesh
- Lecturer (From 09 January, 2005 to 15 January, 2008), Department of Fisheries Biology and Genetics, Hajee Mohammad Danesh Science and Technology University, Dinajpur-5200, Bangladesh
- Lecturer (From 01 September, 2003 to 07 January, 2005), Department of Fisheries Biology and Genetics, Sheikh Fazilatunnessa Mujib Fisheries College, Jamalpur
- Research fellow
Duration: From 01 July 2001 to 01 July 2003 (2 yrs.)
Project Title: ‘Compensatory growth response of Thai Pangas (Pangasius hypophthalmus), Indian major carps and fresh water Prawn (Macrobrachium rosenbergii): Potential benefit for rural fish farmers in Bangladesh’
Principal Investigator: Dr. Mostafa Ali Reza Hossain, Professor, Department of Fisheries Biology and Genetics, BAU, Mymensingh.
Organization: SUFER (Support for University Fisheries Education and Research) Project of DFID, UK.
- Skilled Man
Duration: From 01 January 2002 to 31 December 2003
Project Title: ‘Compensatory growth response of Thai Pangas (Pangasius hypophthalmus): potential benefit for rural fish farmers in Bangladesh’
Principal Investigator: Dr. Mostafa Ali Reza Hossain, Professor, Department of Fisheries Biology and Genetics, BAU, Mymensingh
Organization: SUFER (Support for University Fisheries Education and Research) Project of DFID, UK
- Title: Eco-Friendly Sustainable commercial Aquaculture of Sutchi Catfish
Book Publisher: VDM Verlag Dr. Muller Aktiengesellschaft & Co. KG, Dudweiler Landstr. 99, 66123 Saarbrucken, Germany Fax.: +49681 9100-988; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Published Research Papers
- AKM Rohul Amin, M Ashraful Islam, M Abdul Kader, Mahbuba Bulbul, Mostafa A R Hossain & M Ekram Azim (2011). Production performance of sutchi catfish Pangasianodon hypophthalmus S. in restricted feeding regime: effects on gut, liver and meat quality. Aquaculture Research. January-2011. doi:10.1111/j.1365-2109.2011.02869.x. Wiley-Blackwell Publishing Ltd., John Wiley & Sons, USA
- Amin, A.K.M. R; AK. Shakur Ahammad; Md. Hafiz All Amin; Md. Ferdous Mehbub and Md. Main Uddin-Miah (2010). Biodiversity study of SIS (Small Indigenous Species) of fish in Northwest part of Bangladesh and detection of threatened species. Biological Diversity and Conservation Journal (BioDiCon) Vol. 3 (1):56-65. April-2010. Index Copernicus Publisher Info. Turkey.
- Parvez, I; Khan, MMR; Rahman, SMZ; Fatema, K and Amin, AKM. R (2010). Artificial breeding of two geografically separated wild stocks of endangered Sarpunti, Puntius sarana (Hamilton). Bangladesh Journal of Zoology. Vol. 38 (1):51-59. April-2010. Zoological Society of Bangladesh, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Amin, A.K.M. R., M. M. H. Mian, M. K. Islam, M. B. Zaman and A. K. S. Ahammad(2010). Impact of azolla on hydrological parameters, soil properties and nutrient availability in rice-fish farming system. International Journal of Bioresearch, Vol. 8 (1):23-30. January-2010. International Network for Research Information (INRI net publication).
- Amin, A. K. M. R., I. Parvez., M. H. A. Amin., M. B. Zaman and M. A. R. Hossain(2009). Study of the present status of endangered SIS of fish in the natural waters of the North-west part of Bangladesh. Journal of Environmental Science and Natural Resources, Vol. 2 (2) : 163 -168. December-2009. Bangladesh Society for Conservation of Environment & Natural Resources.
- Islam, M M; K J Chandra; J S Hossain,; A K M. R. Amin and S Mazumder (2009). Fish fauna, fishing gear and marketing channel of Dhaum nodi beel under Kaunia upazilla Rangpur, Bangladesh. Eco-friendly Aquaculture Journal (An International journal of Agriculture and Environmental science), Vol. 2 (11): 956-961. November, 2009. Bangladesh Rice Research Institute (BRRI), Gazipur, Bangladesh.
- Islam, M F., M B Zaman., A Islam and A. K. M. R. Amin (2009). Effect of Husbandry and length-weight relationship of GIFT on abundance of its mouth brooding eggs. Bangladesh Journal of Agriculturist. 2(2):119-124. June-2009. Bangladesh Journal of Agriculturist. Bangladesh Agriculturist Association, BAU, Mymensingh.
- Amin, A.K.M. R and M.A.R. Hossain (2008). Feeding in every alternate day is a sustainable technique for Thai pangas (Pangasius hypophthalmus) culture. The Journal of Bangladesh Agricultural University. 6(1):109-118. June-2008. Bangladesh Agricultural University Research System (BAURES), BAU, Mymensingh.
- Amin, A. K. M. R and M. Salauddin (2007). Effect of inclusion of prawn and mola on water quality and rice production in prawn-fish-rice culture system. The Turkish Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences 8 (1): 15-23. January-2008. Central Fisheries Research Institute (CFRI), Turkey & Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA), Japan.
Salauddin, M., A.K.M. R. Amin and M.A.J.Bapary (2007). Culture performance of prawn (Macrobrachium rosenbergii) and mola (Amblypharyngodon mola) in rice field. International Journal of Bioresearch 2(2): 13-22. April-2007. International Network for Research Information (INRI net publication).
Amin, A.K.M. R., M.A.J. Bapary, M.S. Islam, M. Shahjahan and M.A.R. Hossain (2005). The impacts of compensatory Growth on food intake, growth rate and efficiency of feed utilization in Thai Pangas (Pangasius hypophthalmus). Pakistan Journal of Biological Science. 8 (5): 766 -770. May-2005. Asian Network for Scientific Information (ANSI net), Pakistan.
- Ali, M. L. and A.K.M. R. Amin (2004). Impact of brood size on the larvae of giant freshwater prawn, Macrobrachiun rosenbergii. Bangladesh Journal of Fisheries 28 (1-2): 99-104. December-2004. Fisheries Society of Bangladesh.
- Hossain, M.A.R., M.Z. Ali; N.A. kanam; S. Debnath and A. K. M. R. Amin (2002). Participatory Rural Appraisal with Small Indigenous Speices (SIS) of fish retailer in two fish markets. Progressive Agriculture 13 (1& 2):133-138. December-2002. Progressive Agriculturists, Bangladesh.
- Amin, A.K.M. R., S. Akter, M.S. Azad and MAR Hossain (2002). A study on livelihood strategies and research and development issues of the villagers of Thapanala, Mymensingh. Bangladesh Journal of Fisheries 25 (1-2): 215-219. December-2002. Fisheries Society of Bangladesh.
- Amin, A. K. M. R., I. Parvez., M. H. A. Amin and M. A. R. Hossain,2009.Study of the present status of endangered SIS of fish in the natural waters of the North-west part of Bangladesh. 2nd Fisheries Conference and Research Fair 2009, BFRF, Abstracts. p 5.
Conference, Seminars and Workshop Attended
- Workshop on “Research in Support of the National Food Policy: Results of the Challenge Fund Research and Review of On-going Projects”. 18-19 February, 2009, BIAM, Dhaka.
- Seminar on Biodiversity and Natural Spawning of Small Indigenous Fish Species (SIS) of Bangladesh, July, 2007, CIRDAP Auditorium, Dhaka
- 2nd Fisheries Conference and Research Fair, January, 2009, Bangladesh Fisheries Research Forum, BARC Auditorium, Dhaka
- Workshop on “Fisheries and Aquaculture enterprise development for the Adivashi communities in the north and north-west region of Bangladesh”. 28 October, 2009, CARITAS, Dinajpur
- Key note speaker of the seminar on “Fish for food security” 26 July, 2010, IRT-conference room, HSTU, Dinajpur, Bangladesh
Training and Certificates received
|Title of Training||Authority||Duration|
|Quality assurance and food safety||DOF & UNIDO, EC||11-15 July, 2010|
|Communicative English (Listening, speaking, reading and writing)||Department of Languages, Bangladesh Agricultural University (BAU), Mymensingh.||September-October,2002|
|Basic training and Extension on Fisheries||Fisheries Training and Extension Project (Phase II), DoF & DFID, UK||10 – 25 June 2001|
|Data Analysis : Excel and Mstatc||Graduate Training Institute, BAU, Mymensingh||13 – 25 July 2002|
|Fisheries Training and Extension||Northwest Fisheries Extension Project-II, DoF & DFID, UK.||05 – 08 September, 1999|
|Aquaculture and Extension||Mymensingh Aquaculture Extension Project, Dof & DANIDA, Denmark||20 – 22 September 1999|
|Extension Field Trip||Department of Agricultural Extension and Education, BAU, Mymensingh||09 – 14 October 1999|
For central HSTU, Dinajpur
||During debating competition|
|University research management||
||From 18 November, 2008 to till date|
|University farm management||
||From 02 November, 2009 to till date|
|Observation of Fish week||
||26 July, 2010|
||2006, 2007 and 2009|
||18-19 March 2009|
For Fisheries Faculty, HSTU
||From 26 November, 2008 to till date|
||From 26 November, 2008 to till date|
|Treasurer, Fisheries Student Welfare Association||
||From 2009 to till date|
- Board scholarship for brilliant result in SSC examination
- Board scholarship for brilliant result in HSC examination
- Obtained University Grants Commission (UGC) award for Bachelor Degree result
- Majedul Hannan scholarship for Post-graduate result
- Obtained University Grants Commission (UGC) research fund for carrying out one long year research on ‘Biodiversity study of SIS (Small Indigenous Species) of fish and identify the critically endangered species of fish’
- Master of Science (M.S.) in Fisheries Biology and Genetics, 2002-2003, Department of Fisheries Biology and Genetics, Bangladesh Agricultural University (B. A. U.), Mymensingh
- Bachelor of Science in (B.Sc.) Fisheries (Hon’s), Faculty of Fisheries, Bangladesh Agricultural University (B.A.U.), Mymensingh
- Higher Secondary Certificate (H.S.C.), Govt. Annanda Mohon College, Dhaka Board
- Secondary School Certificate (S.S.C.), Kendua Joyhori Spri Govt. High School: Dhaka Board
- Bangladesh Fisheries Research Forum (BFRF)
- Krishibid Institution of Bangladesh
- Fisheries society of Bangladesh
- Father’s Name: Mohammad Abdul Gafur
- Mother’s Name: Rokeya Begum
- Permanent Address: Eumo/19, Santibag, Police Station: Kendua, District: Netrokona
- Job Address: Department of Fisheries Biology and Genetics, HSTU, Dinajpur-5200, Bangladesh.
- Date of Birth and Place: 26 May, 1978;Netrokona
- Nationality: Bangladeshi (by birth)
- Religion: Islam (Sunni)
- Blood group: “O” positive
Visited 405 times, 1 visits today | Have any fisheries relevant question?