Institute of Marine Sciences and Fisheries
Chittagong University, Chittagong-4331, Bangladesh.
Phone (Off): 031-710347
Phone (Res): 031-2850993
E-mail: [email protected]
- Assistant Professor, Institute of Marine Sciences and Fisheries, Chittagong University, Chittagong4331, Bangladesh.
Since August 20, 2007
- Lecturer, Institute of Marine Sciences and Fisheries, Chittagong University, Chittagong -4331, Bangladesh.
April 16, 2005 to August 19, 2007
- Senior Program Officer, Policy Advocacy department, CODEC (Community Development Centre); a national NGO working for the socio-political and economic empowerment of the coastal community in five coastal districts of Bangladesh.
March 27, 2004 to April 16, 2005
- Project Researcher, Integrated Tropical Coastal Zone Management Program, Asian Institute of Technology, Thailand.
August 8 to September 7, 2003.
- Distribution of aquatic macrophytes in the coastal area of Salimpur, Chittagong, Bangladesh. Chiang University Journal of Natural Sciences, Vol. 9 (2), 273-279, December 2010
- Assessment of water quality at Kalatoly coast and a shrimp hatchery, Cox’s Bazar. Current World Environment, Vol. 4(2), 347-352, September 2009
- Community structure of macrobenthos in an estuarine salt marsh habitat at Cox’s Bazar. Bangladesh Journal of Marine Sciences and Fisheries, Vol.1, No.1: 119-132, 2009
- Macro and micro elements in shrimp Penaeous monodon collected from cultured pond of Malaysia. Journal of Science and Technology (Dinajpur), Vol.6: 156-152, June 2008
- Strategies for the Improvement of Shrimp Farm Production in Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh. Andong, R.F., Ikejima, K., Boromthanarat, S. & Pedersen, O. (eds). 2005. Page: 91-108. Integrated Tropical Coastal Zone Management: Application and Practices in Asia. Danida–AIT Cooperation 2000-2005. Asian Institute of Technology, Bangkok, Thailand. On-line e-Book.
- Morphometry, habitat and standing crop of Porteresia coarctata at Bakkhali estuary, Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh. Khulna University Studies, 8(2): 253-260, December 2007
- Seasonal variation in proximate composition of Perna viridis (L) from Moheshkhali Channel, the Bay of Bengal, Bangladesh. Khulna University Studies, Vol. 8(2): 213-220, December 2007
- Population Dynamics of Lysmata ensirostris in the Kutubdia Channel of the Bay of Bengal, Bangladesh. Journal of the Asiatic Society of Bangladesh (Science), Vol. 33(2): 193-203, December 2007
- “Chintana Boonthamjinda Memorial Prize” in Master of Science in Aquaculture and Aquatic Resources Management, 2003, AIT, Thailand.
Training, Seminars & Workshops attended
- Training of Trainers (ToT) program on Code of Conduct (CoC) for the aquaculture industry value chain, CDM-BRAC, Savar, Dhaka. Bangladesh Shrimp and Fish Foundation (BSFF) and Department of Fisheries, Government of Bangladesh. 22-23 March, 2011
- Workshop on Shark Fisheries in the Bay of Bengal, Bangladesh: Status and Potentialities, Cox’s Bazar. Support to Sustainable Management of the Bay of Bengal Large Marine Ecosystem (BOBLME) Project, Bangladesh Fisheries Research Institute (BFRI). 27 November, 2010
- Training on Good Aquaculture Practices (GAqPs), Phase-III, Cox’s Bazar. Department of Fisheries, Government of Bangladesh, Shrimp and Fish Foundation (BSFF) and The Joint Institute for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition (JIFSAN), USA. 5-9 December, 2010
- Training on Good Aquaculture Practices (GAqPs), Phase-I, Khulna. Department of Fisheries, Government of Bangladesh, Bangladesh Shrimp and Fish Foundation (BSFF) and The Joint Institute for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition (JIFSAN), USA. 1-5 November, 2009
- Training workshop on Integrated Water Resources Management (IWRM), Chittagong. Bangladesh Centre for Advanced Studies (BCAS), Scientific Program Coordination for Water Resources (IFS) and Cap-Net. 2-3 September, 2007
- Training on Development Communication in Agriculture, Chittagong. Agriculture Information Service. 6-8 December, 2005
- Training on Communicating Science effectively, Bangkok, Thailand. The Integration Application Network and Centre for Environmental Science, University of Maryland, USA. 12-14 September, 2005
- Consultative Seminar of East-South Asia and Pacific (ESAP) sub-global assessment design team for the International Assessment of Agricultural Science and Technology (IAASTD), Beijing, 9-12 April, 2005
- Stakeholder consultation on Institutional & Partnership Issues in 9 sea-facing coastal districts under Integrated Coastal Zone Management Plan (ICZMP) project of Water Resource Planning Organization, Ministry of Water Resources, 17 July, 2005
English language proficiency
- Communication Skills Course, British Council, 25 October to 12 December, 1998
- IELTS score 7.5, British Council, June, 2001
- Date of Birth: 31-12-1971
- Nationality: Bangladeshi
- Marital status: Married
Visited 418 times, 1 visits today | Have any fisheries relevant question?